Thursday, January 30, 2014

To My Hunny Bunny - A Valentine's Day Card



Some of my favorite cards are the ones that are pretty easy to put together.  I get to use up my stash items, and fun finds, and BOOM...I'm done!  This is the perfect way to use up scraps, alphabet stickers, die-cut stickers, mist, and rub-ons!

There's lots of Studio Calico goodness here for you!  Studio Calico was gracious enough to provide some Scrapbook News and Review staffers with fun goodies to use in an SNR event a couple years ago.  These were one of my favorite manufacturers to work with.

Here are some fun elements of the card:

1) I used leftover strips and showcased the different patterned papers and patterned die-cut stickers on this card.  Just arrange them in a way that pleases you or use a sketch to help you with your design.

2) Instead of stamps or fancy sentiment embellishments, spell out your greeting with alphabet stickers.  If you're a hoarder like me, you probably have tons of these laying around!  Mix and match fonts from leftover sticker sheets!  As long as the colors work, you're golden!

3) Same with rub-ons - hunt through your stash and find phrases that would work with your card.  Team them up with letter stickers to create your sentiment.

4)  For a splash of fun color, I spritzed some green mist onto my card before I added the rub-ons and letters.

5)  Not sure how to use veneer pieces?  I just added them to this card just the way they were.  Use some strong glue to stick them onto each other and onto the front of your card.  I like E-6000!

See where your creative mind takes you.  Gather some coordinating papers, embellishments, stickers, rub-ons, and any other stash items you need to use up and go to town!  Make more than one card in one sitting and save them for future use!

I have a photo box full of cards I create for an event or on a whim.  If you need some therapeutic time to yourself, this is the perfect project for you!  Throw on some music, sip on some coffee (or wine) and you'll finish knowing you've created some cards to use later, you've had time to decompress from your daily duties, and hopefully you feel refreshed and productive all at the same time!

What crafty projects bring you the most joy?  Do you use scrappy creating as therapy?

This year as part of my Goals of 2014, I plan on dedicating some time here and there to creating cards.  What I like about creating cards is I GIVE them away and they don't take up room in my craft room!  Start now to build your card stash or plan to create a lovely scrapbook for a beloved family member or friend.  If you start now, you'll have an impressive scrapbook to gift by the Holidays!




1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!!! You've brightened my day!

BLOGWEAR